The best file manager app on iPhone and iPad
If you use your iPhone or iPad to create and manage documents, you may have noticed that you need to download a separate app for different features. There is simply no application that can be used to manage all types of documents at once.
Well, now there is a complete new solution that will allow you to manage all file types right on your iPhone or iPad. Among other functions, UPDF iOS App will let you scan documents to PDF, manage all file types, edit, annotate and sign PDF documents, and more.
A Complete Introduction of UPDF – The Ultimate PDF Scanner and File Manager for iOS
UPDF mobile app is a document manager for iOS developed by a professional team from Superace Software Technology Co., Ltd. Its greatest strength is the fact that it gives you a one-stop solution for all document types, eliminating the need to download a separate app when creating and editing documents on your device.
To work at the optimal level, the UPDF developers have incorporated several features, designed to allow easy and efficient management of different types of documents. These features include the following:
- UPDF is the most complete file manager on the market. You can use it to import, view, rename, move, copy, duplicate, delete, share, email, print, add to favorites, add tags, etc.
- It is the best tool for creating PDF documents or converting other files to PDF. You can use it to create a PDF document from scratch or convert a photo to PDF.
- It is also one of the best ways to edit PDF documents in different ways. For example, you can easily add text to any PDF document, use one of the many annotation tools to annotate the document, and even highlight text in the PDF document.
- UPDF also lets you add a handwritten signature to any PDF document.
- It comes with a document scanner that allows you to scan any photo, note, document, whiteboard, business card or receipt and create a PDF document from it. Once UPDF has generated the PDF, you can then edit, rename, move or rotate it before sharing or saving it.
- UPDF has a feature known as Safe Space where you can add photos, videos, and documents and set a password to protect or hide them. Documents added to the security space will only be accessible using the designated password.
A detailed guide on how to use the UPDF app
The other advantage of choosing UPDF, a PDF reader and file manager application, compared to other document managers, is the fact that it is very easy to use. Here’s how to use some of its most popular features:
How to Convert Photos to PDF on iPhone or iPad
You can convert a single photo or multiple photos to PDF. Here’s how it works:
Convert a single photo
Step 1: Import the photo into UPDF, then tap the three dots next to the photo. You can also long press the file icon to select the photo.
Step 2: Choose “Convert to PDF” and a PDF copy will be generated instantly. It will have the same file name as the image but with a .pdf file extension.
Convert multiple photos to PDF
Step 1: Tap the checkbox in the upper right corner and select the photos you want to convert to PDF. Tap each photo to select it
Step 2: Tap “More” on the bottom menu and choose “Convert to PDF”.
Step 3: All selected images will be converted to PDF with the same file name as the original photo.
How to scan to PDF
UPDF lets you scan anything using the device’s camera and convert the scanned file to PDF. There are two ways to do this:
From the Photos app
Step 1: Tap the “+” symbol on the bottom right, then select “Scan”.
Step 2: Tap the Photos app icon on the screen and choose one or more images from Photos or Album section to import into UPDF.
Step 3: Tap the icon showing the number of active scans to save the image.
Step 4: You can then rotate, crop, add filter, delete and add other images to the queue as you wish before clicking the “Upload” icon on the top right to add the files at UPDF.
By taking pictures
Step 1: Tap the “+” icon at the bottom to enter the Import menu.
Step 2: Tap “Scan” and then use the device’s camera to take a photo of the document. For best results, you can tap “Auto Capture” in the top center before taking the photo. You should see a pink area on the screen with all recognizable objects identified automatically.
Step 3: Once you have your photo, you can crop, rotate, add a filter or add more scans to the queue. Then click the “Upload” icon in the upper right corner to add the files to UPDF.
How to Add Text, Annotate and Sign PDFs with UPDF
There are many ways to add text to a PDF document directly on your iOS device using UPDF. Here are some of the most popular:
Add text to PDF
Step 1: Open the PDF in UPDF. You can do this by simply tapping on it.
Step 2: Tap the Pen tool at the top right of the screen.
Step 3: In the options that open, tap on the “+” icon and select “Text”.
Step 4: A text box will appear, double tap it to enter text.
Step 5: When you’re done adding text, tap outside the text box, then drag the box to the desired location on the document. You can also resize the box as you wish.
Step 6: Finally, click “Done” to save the changes.
Annotate a PDF
Step 1: Tap the PDF you want to annotate to open it in UPDF.
Step 2: Choose an annotation tool depending on the type of annotation you want to create. You can choose a marker, highlighter, eraser or even an outline tool and you can also choose to change the pen color and style.
Step 3: Annotate the document as desired. When you’re done, click “Done” to save changes and close the file.
Sign a PDF
Step 1: To add a signature to the PDF document, tap on it to open it in UPDF.
Step 2: Then tap on the Pen tool in the top right corner
Step 3: Tap the “+” symbol and then choose “Signature”.
Step 4: Add a handwritten signature then click “Done”.
Step 5: UPDF will then add the signature to the PDF file. You can move the signature to the desired location on the document or even resize it as needed by clicking on the blue border.
How to Protect Files with Safe Space
Security Space is a location in UPDF that allows you to protect your documents or images using a password or Face ID. Documents added to the Security Space will be restricted, making it the best way to protect documents containing sensitive information.
Adding files to the Security Space is very simple; just use these simple steps:
Step 1: Open UPDF, then tap the UPDF logo on the top left
Step 2: Tap “Security Space”, then provide the device passcode or if using Face ID, complete Face ID authentication.
Step 3: Tap the “+” symbol at the bottom right of the safe space screen.
Step 4: Choose one of the import options on the screen to add the files from the different locations on your device. Files added to this safe space will only be accessible using passcode or Face ID authentication.
UPDF’s vision and product model
UPDF developers will also continue to add features and solutions aimed at improving the various functions of the application. Some of the features users can expect soon include:
- Very soon users will be able to fully edit all aspects of any PDF document directly on their iOS devices.
- Conversion of PDF to other document formats will also be available very soon.
- Users will also be able to fill out PDF forms directly on iPhone or iPad.
- Soon, UPDF will integrate with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive, allowing users to easily share PDFs and collaborate more easily.
- Users should also be able to very easily set a password on any PDF document, limiting its access to only those who have the password.
These new features and many more will be introduced in the UPDF function with the main purpose of improving efficiency and making it the only tool you will need to manage your documents. Superace Software Technology Co., Ltd also aims to release the desktop version of UPDF for Windows and Mac. the UPDF Converter for Windows and Mac is released in January 2022 and the UPDF editor will be released in March 2022.